Monday, June 10, 2013

Re: [CHICKENS-101] Re: How to break a broody hen?

 

 Pat, Aren't you in MI?  I have white rock eggs you can have to put under her. Today one of my week old white rock chicks jumped out of her brooder, and ran right to my hands when I
put my hands down.  I love Ideal Poultry's chicks!  I have young pullets from Ideal that have been laying for a month and 3 year olds that lay huge eggs. Gentle, sweet chickens down to the roosters. Great meat and egg chickens.  If you are not far we could meet.  If you are on my way up north, I can meet you soon, as school will be out as of Wednesday, (If I have to work until 11pm, I will be done so I do not have to go in on Thursday!)
 
Cathryn  rainbowsilkiesTM  in  Michigan


From: Pats Menagerie <patsmenagerie@gmail.com>
To: CHICKENS-101@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Sunday, June 9, 2013 2:12 PM
Subject: [CHICKENS-101] Re: How to break a broody hen?

 
I tried that, slipped four chicks under her and as long as she couldn't see them she was great and fiercly protective to the point of almost drawing blood when I reached under to check for eggs. However if any one of the chicks peeked it's head out she wouldn't recognize it and attack it as an intruder. we tried a few times and then took the chicks away for their own safety.
--- In CHICKENS-101@yahoogroups.com, CathrynTherese <cathryntherese@...> wrote:
>
> Pat, Wish you were closer I have 3 WhatsIt (What is it?) chicks that will grow up to be little cuties and a couple of silkie chicks she could have to raise.  I'd poll friends, get her some chicks, and make her day at night by slipping chicks under her. 
>
> Cathryn  rainbowsilkiesTM  in Michigan



__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (10)
Recent Activity:
To post a message to the list go to
CHICKENS-101@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment