Valerie, Your hen thought she had the perfect nesting and broody spot! Good thing you found it, you might have ended up with a bunch of chicks!
Cathryn rainbowsilkiesTM in Michigan
From: Valerie <pvdibble80@hughes.net>
To: CHICKENS-101@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Monday, June 10, 2013 7:25 AM
Subject: [CHICKENS-101] Question about eggs
To: CHICKENS-101@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Monday, June 10, 2013 7:25 AM
Subject: [CHICKENS-101] Question about eggs
I have one hen that I thought hadn't laid an egg in about a week. I happened to find them this morning. Instead of laying them in the nest box, she has been laying them under the coop. She had seven of them under there. My question is, would they be any good? We have had temps into the 80's for this past week. I don't think she is broody, because she is out all day with the rest of the chickens.
Thanks
Valerie in Va.
"If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need." --- Cicero
__._,_.___
| Reply via web post | Reply to sender | Reply to group | Start a New Topic | Messages in this topic (19) |
To post a message to the list go to
CHICKENS-101@yahoogroups.com
CHICKENS-101@yahoogroups.com
.
__,_._,___
No comments:
Post a Comment