Monday, June 10, 2013

[CHICKENS-101] Re: How to break a broody hen?

 

I let her hatch out one egg last summer because I didn't really want any more bantys. she became broody again before her chick was ready to leave her side and they would both sit in the box together. I don't have any desire for more bantys. I'll look into some standard Easter eggers' eggs on Egg bid.... Any new englanders out there got some fertile eggs??
Pat
--- In CHICKENS-101@yahoogroups.com, elizabeth <elizabeth.dawes@...> wrote:
>
> Hi Pat
>
> I think you should give her about 6-9 eggs to brood and then let her raise
> them. I had a RIR that was the same until last Christmas when I did
> that...after raising them for 6 weeks she got sick of them and never got
> broody again.

>

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (6)
Recent Activity:
To post a message to the list go to
CHICKENS-101@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment