I have those common burdock weeds in my grass. I pull the spires of seeds and run my fingernails down from the top to bottom of the stem and sprinkle them for the chickens. My cockerel jumped up to snatch the greens and I learned my chickens the leaves. They pull easily and provide vitamins. No ill effects, I think burdock is edible for people. They also enjoy fresh new leaves from Queen Anne's Lace, a wild cousin to carrots/parsnips. Their favorite is a weed with small yellow flowers and clover-type leaves. It is a member of the olaxsis family, pulls easily also. They nip at grass, but I've read too much about impacted crops to give them clippings...want to play it safe.
--- On Wed, 9/8/10, blaise_25053 <blaise_25053@yahoo.com> wrote:
|
__._,_.___
To post a message to the list go to
CHICKENS-101@yahoogroups.com
CHICKENS-101@yahoogroups.com
.
__,_._,___
No comments:
Post a Comment