Sunday, November 4, 2012

RE: [CHICKENS-101] Bantys and standards

 

I have no clue what breed she is. She wasn't even supposed to be a banty. I was told she was an Americana and would be full size. Yeah right. She is about the color of a buff orp and does have tiny muffs by her ears. She lays a not quite white egg. She can be feisty. Not overly so though. There will be space to go under the new coop that she would fit, but I doubt the rooster would. Also inside the coop, I don't think he would be able to get into the nesting boxes. Not sure on that though. I am thinking I will have to keep a close eye on them at first and hoping that she will be alright. I won't have any place to separate her out and wouldn't want to keep her alone anyway.

Valerie in Va.

From: CHICKENS-101@yahoogroups.com [mailto:CHICKENS-101@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of CathrynTherese
Sent: Saturday, November 03, 2012 8:18 PM
To: CHICKENS-101@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CHICKENS-101] Bantys and standards

Valerie, What breed of banty? Is she a feisty little hen? If she is feisty hen and you have places where she can hide from the rooster where he can't get here, she should be ok. I'd make sure there are several places where she can go in the coop and he can't.

Cathryn rainbowsilkiesTM Michigan

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (4)
Recent Activity:
To post a message to the list go to
CHICKENS-101@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment