Monday, June 28, 2010

Re: [CHICKENS-101] wormers and doses Zone type diet

 


Congrats on the weight loss.  I agree that it is harder to change when you are middle age and set in your ways.  When I cut down on carbs, fat and quit eating anything fried I was much healthier.  When I gave up red meat, etc and went with fish and a little chicken I was even healthier.m  There are so many great fruits and veggies out there that it was easier than I thought!   When you make a lifestyle change and feel healthy and active again you will not go backwards.  Just take it slow and keep looking forward.    Susan

From: Anita Bingamon <anita@bingamon.com>
To: CHICKENS-101@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Mon, June 28, 2010 2:37:56 PM
Subject: Re: [CHICKENS-101] wormers and doses Zone type diet

 

I am not diabetic, but overweight with borderline high blood pressure
and high cholesterol (296). I do have some symptoms of Lupus, even
though I am fair with red hair and blue eyes, but I have enough Native
American in me to get the NA inherited illnesses. Ever since I was even
a tad over my "supposed ideal weight," and before I got full blown
obese, I have had people constantly lecture and belittle me because of
my weight. The constant condemnation and lecturing made me want to eat
more bad things. Now that high cholesterol can also sometimes be
another symptom of Lupus, I am trying to get my cholesterol numbers down
to either prove I don't have Lupus, or if I do have Lupus, to get my
numbers down to where the Lupus won't hit me as bad as it has my cousins
and my Dad, who also had some symptoms of Lupus but was never diagnosed
with it. I am in the process of getting definitively diagnosed, had the
blood tests and the numbers are getting better.

It is not easy to begin eating healthier at the older age of 53, but it
is doable. Ironically, since I have been trying to eat better, some
people have tried to get me off my diet. But I want to get healthier to
where my legs don't constantly hurt and I can do the hiking, biking, and
dancing that I used to do. Right now, it hurts to do the daily things,
although I have lost 15 pounds in three months. And I am not following
the Blood Type diet, either. I am trying to do what is seeming to work
for me. Best wishes to those on the Blood Type or any other diet out
there. Just eat wisely.

Anita B.


__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
To post a message to the list go to
CHICKENS-101@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment