Monday, June 28, 2010

Re: [CHICKENS-101] 911 chicken question

 


I agree with (Mike, I think) too hot! With temps that high outside they do not need more heat, unless maybe at night if temp drops down. The humidity, in MHO, does not help either. Hope this helps
Erin
 
 
I have a friend without internet access, he got some of the Rainbow pack
of chicks. He got 50 anyway.. they are about two weeks old now, and
he is loosing some. No runny poop, nothing that I could notice when I
went there yesterday. He has lost about six in the last 24 hours.
He is using medicated food, the old thing I can think would be that he
still had a light on them. It is running in the high 90's with heat
index of 103 to 105 . They are inside, but the room felt kinda hot to
me. They are in a cage with a tray to catch the droppings. It looked
pretty clean, I mean there were fifty chicks all pooping but he said he
was changing the paper every day ??? What can I tell him ???

Beverly

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
To post a message to the list go to
CHICKENS-101@yahoogroups.com
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.


Get great advice about dogs and cats. Visit the Dog & Cat Answers Center.


Get real-time World Cup coverage on the Yahoo! Toolbar. Download now to win a signed team jersey!

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment