Sunday, February 2, 2014

Re: [CHICKENS-101] Re: [Chickens101] rooster temperment

 

That's why I like the Maran roosters, they are usually very calm and don't attack me.  Easy on the hens and will even help raise baby chicks.  Nice big fellas too.
 
Diane S.
 
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, February 02, 2014 8:55 PM
Subject: Re: [CHICKENS-101] Re: [Chickens101] rooster temperment

 

I head straight for them and it puts them on the defensive. I corner them, when I can and just grab them up by the tail real quick. I am fast so they don't lose any tail feathers, usually. I have never had one bite me once in my arms. I hold them like babies and touch them all over.  If I have the time, I'll carry them around and do one handed chores for half hour or so. When I put them down they take.off like bullets and when I try to approach them, they run like hell. So funny! Right now, I don't have any aggressive roos at all. We have several OEGs, a couple MGs, a Cuckoo Maran and a huge Partridge Cochin, along with several mutt Naked Neck chicken roosters and a white Crested Black Polish.
Laura


__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (12)
Recent Activity:
To post a message to the list go to
CHICKENS-101@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment