Saturday, July 2, 2011

[CHICKENS-101] Re: How long do I wait ......

 

Hi Nance, Sorry if your question was missed. I sure someone would have responded if the group ever gets back to discussing chickens. I would wait as long as you detect movement. It's normal for all the eggs in a clutch to hatch within a 24 hr. period. But..nothing is absolute when it comes to chickens. The one thing I would not do is to "help" the chick hatch. Some things are just not meant to be.
Ol' George

--- In CHICKENS-101@yahoogroups.com, Nance <myreesi@...> wrote:
>
> Hello everyone.  I posted a message recently about incubating 3 eggs.  They came
> from a nest where my hen was sitting on eggs, something broke open most of the
> eggs and ate the contents and the hen left the nest with 3 eggs in it.  Well, 2
> of the eggs hatched in the last few days and the chicks are doing well.  My
> question is.......the remaining egg hasn't hatched yet.  It's been 3 days since
> the last egg hatched.  I candled egg and there's movement in there.  How long do
> I wait for it to hatch before giving up and disposing of it?  I appreciate any
> comments and advice.
> Thanks!
> Nance
> Central Florida
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
To post a message to the list go to
CHICKENS-101@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment