Black absorbs heat, it will make anything under it even hotter yet. I've used black plastic laid on the ground for no-till new gardening & landscaping plots for years because it'll kill any/all vegetation under it in just a day or few's time in the hot sun......leave it down long enough & it'll kill any vegetation's roots as well. It literally cooks to death anything that's underneath it (try it on some spot you don't care about killing off just to see - the grass will be yellowed & dying in even just one day in the hot sun).
What would be better over their run for cool(er) shading would be a silver colored tarp - that would reflect the heat away.
LOL, just two cents worth of experience, if that's worth anything.....
Kate in WI :-)
<< Cooling Chickens
Posted by: "Fred Kokke" fksk71@yahoo.com fksk71
Hello
First post, how do you keep chickens cool in this heat. I give them water 3 times a day. I put black plastic over run for shade. thanks for reading. >>
Posted by: "Fred Kokke" fksk71@yahoo.com fksk71
Hello
First post, how do you keep chickens cool in this heat. I give them water 3 times a day. I put black plastic over run for shade. thanks for reading. >>
__._,_.___
To post a message to the list go to
CHICKENS-101@yahoogroups.com
CHICKENS-101@yahoogroups.com
.
__,_._,___
No comments:
Post a Comment