Thursday, October 28, 2010

RE: [CHICKENS-101] Re: And speaking of Halloween and Pumpkins~~~ [1 Attachment]

 
[Attachment(s) from Laura A. Roberts included below]

            I have one and I think it is a female.  Her legs don’t appear to be as long.  She is only 5 weeks old and had an injury to her beak where it meets her face…..it looked like it had been bitten or crushed…….anyway, I really didn’t expect her to live.  She breathes kind of funny and I think her nasal cavity was compromised…….BUT, she is still alive and sweet as can be. 

 

            “Stilts” was only a few days old and came with her friend, “Crackers”.  Crackers is a Polish Crested and funny as can be.  They are very attached to one and other and when I take one out of the cage, the other chirps louder and louder.  Stilts doesn’t chirp too loudly…….I don’t think she can. 

 

            I have this picture of Crackers and need to take one of Stilts.  She is blue……very small and quite sweet.  I don’t know how long I will have her…..but while she is with us, we are trying to make sure she has a happy life and I will keep the two of them together since they have bonded so tightly. 

Laura

 

Laura Roberts

R Half Pint Farm

Spotsylvania, VA 

 


From: CHICKENS-101@yahoogroups.com [mailto:CHICKENS-101@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Gina Hall
Sent: Thursday, October 28, 2010 10:12 AM
To: CHICKENS-101@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CHICKENS-101] Re: And speaking of Halloween and Pumpkins~~~

 

 

I agree laura, Alex is very special. The breed is a really neat breed. I think a lot of people are afraid to have any because they are "game" chickens, but my pair are now over two months old and I love them to death. They are very friendly and if I had the time I would love to haul them around like Deb and Randy do Alex.
Alex definitely needs his own book!
Gina :-)

__._,_.___

Attachment(s) from Laura A. Roberts

1 of 1 Photo(s)

Recent Activity:
To post a message to the list go to
CHICKENS-101@yahoogroups.com
MARKETPLACE

Get great advice about dogs and cats. Visit the Dog & Cat Answers Center.


Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.


Hobbies & Activities Zone: Find others who share your passions! Explore new interests.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment