Thursday, October 28, 2010

[CHICKENS-101] chick broke leg?

 

This morning when I went in to feed the chicks, one of the Turkens was laying on it's side. At first I thought it was shaving bathing. Picked it up and one foot has the toes curled up. And can't put any weight on that leg.
So I put Bandit in a seperate box with food and water. Eating and drinking fine. Still can't put weight on the leg. Ckd it over, no swelling, can't feel anything wrong. It's about 51/2 wks old.
I've seriously thought about splinting the leg, but what about the foot?
Another chick from the same hatch, different breed also has a bad foot, but get's along just fine.

Gothy

http://fullmoonchickens.blogspot.com/

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
To post a message to the list go to
CHICKENS-101@yahoogroups.com
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.


Get great advice about dogs and cats. Visit the Dog & Cat Answers Center.


Hobbies & Activities Zone: Find others who share your passions! Explore new interests.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment