Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Re: [CHICKENS-101] Re: 63 out and windy, balmy and King :'(

 

King probably died because it's his time to pass on what ever the reason was. He sure had it good with you and Dan. I am sorry died. Land O Lakes is purina and has been for quite awhile. Kent is made by Kent. Have to bring you a pullet and a cockerel.
 
Cathryn  rainbowsilkiesTM Michigan


From: Anita Bingamon <anita@bingamon.com>
To: CHICKENS-101@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Tuesday, December 4, 2012 3:11 PM
Subject: [CHICKENS-101] Re: 63 out and windy, balmy and King :'(

 
It was warm as we left Ohio this morning, and I fed and watered everyone
before leaving with Dan to just over the border of Illinois, for one
night. I fed extra in case we are gone an extra day, and the little
ones got bird seed, as none seem to be too fond of the Omega 3 Purina
feed. I don't know of any other brands of feed to get, as Purina has
taken over Land of Lakes and probably Kent and or Southern states. I
may have to settle for local mill feeds, but am not too happy with that,
as it has a lot of crushed corn in it. I am going to have to get my
thinking cap on and think of other ways to feed my chickens.

King passed away day before yesterday. Dan found him when he was
getting ready to go out. King was a good boy. We will miss him. Miss
Pouf misses him, but does not want another companion as of yet - Miss
Pouf has set Miss Walter running a couple of times. For an old girl,
Miss Pouf has a lot of spunk. Besides missing King, Miss Pouf is doing
well. Arthur is doing well, and gets along with Miss Walter, when he
isn't trying to court her. Merlin is good to his hen, and is protective
of her.

I don't know why King passed, but liquid had come out of him. He and
Miss Pouf had plenty of water and feed, but I don't know if King
aspirated the liquid or choked on a pellet or food. I cleaned the cage
with peroxide and put in new shavings. Both King and Miss Pouf had been
sprayed for mites. I am afraid to feed the Omega 3 pellets to any of
the inside chickens. Any suggestions?

Anita B.


__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (2)
To post a message to the list go to
CHICKENS-101@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment