Friday, July 1, 2011

Re: [CHICKENS-101] Cooling Chickens

 

Hello, Fred, and welcome to the group. 

Many of us provide ice and or ice water to our chickens.  You can freeze water in any plastic container, like soft drink bottles for instance, and put the bottles into the pens.  I take the cubes my ice maker produces and put them into plastic deli meat containers, along with water.  Some add the ice directly to the chickens waterers. 

Some people run misters and some run fans.  I have shade trees over 2/3rds of my pens, and the ones that get mid afternoon sun I have cloth clipped to the fronts of the pens.  I lower the cloths about 1 pm and raise them after the sun goes down. 

Georgia in Lower Alabama

For all your chicken's clothing needs, go to
www.chickensaddlesanddiapers.webs.com

--- On Fri, 7/1/11, Fred Kokke <fksk71@yahoo.com> wrote:

From: Fred Kokke <fksk71@yahoo.com>
Subject: [CHICKENS-101] Cooling Chickens
To: CHICKENS-101@yahoogroups.com
Date: Friday, July 1, 2011, 11:34 PM

Hello
    First post, how do you keep chickens cool in this heat. I give them water 3 times a day. I put black plastic over run for shade. thanks for reading.



------------------------------------

To post a message to the list go to
CHICKENS-101@yahoogroups.comYahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CHICKENS-101/

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CHICKENS-101/join
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    CHICKENS-101-digest@yahoogroups.com
    CHICKENS-101-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    CHICKENS-101-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
To post a message to the list go to
CHICKENS-101@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment