From: Hudson <lovedle2@gmail.com>
To: CHICKENS-101@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Thu, April 21, 2011 10:21:46 PM
Subject: Re: [CHICKENS-101] guinea question Attn: Susan
Hi Susan:
I'm really getting excited about have a few 'loud' guineas, because I
understand they will be very loud if overhead predators are around, plus the
fact they eat ticks and other insects, in addition to deterring snakes.
I sure hope all of this is true, and I don't get a bunch of fowl who just
love to sit around and squawk all day and night.
We have about 40 acres around the house that are full of ticks. My husband
takes the Belgian Malinois dog for a walk in the woods every day, and she
comes back with teeny ticks on her, although she's on Frontline Plus, they
still continue to be on her coat after every walk. It would be wonderful to
have the Guineas rid the place of those horrible pesky 'things'. I hate
them! They not only get on the dogs but also on my horse and of course on
us humans.
This will be my first experience with Guineas and I hope I'm not making a
big mistake with getting them. I met a man at Tractor Supply today who has
34 for them and he thinks they are the greatest watch dogs he's ever had,
and he wouldn't trade them for the world. Well! We'll see.
I may be begging someone to take them in a few months. You sure you may not
want a few more when I'm ready to 'call it quits'.....? Have a great
evening and Happy Easter.
Anne H.
CHICKENS-101@yahoogroups.com
No comments:
Post a Comment