Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Re: [CHICKENS-101] Re: from 4 chooks to this! OMG Should I be worried. LOL.

 

<<I read that if they come at you ...just pick them up and hold them. so we do. He likes to stamper around and look like he is going to attack but we look him in the eye and say noooo.>>
 
Haven't been able to pick up any of the roos since they were little, for whatever reason.  I did try looking the aggressive one in the eye, but then he'd fly right up in my face (his preferred method is to run up from behind, though).
 
We finally began carrying the switches--I figured we'd better reform him before he grew spurs, or else send him to freezer camp!   The turning point was the day he went for me when I had the long "grabber' thing in my hand--I swung and must have gotten him on the side of the head, he certainly loked a bit groggy....  He's been much more careful since that but still needs watching.  If he rushes me or flies up, I swish the stick at him and basically exile him from the group.  He DOES seem to recognise when I'm carrying a stick now!
 
Rhonda

Sidesaddle Hall of Famer
Five-time US National Sidesaddle Champion

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (18)
To post a message to the list go to
CHICKENS-101@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment