Monday, December 3, 2012

Re: [CHICKENS-101] Re: from 4 chooks to this! OMG Should I be worried. LOL.

 

<<had to rehome my men as they will kill each other! >>
 
I've been waiting to see signs of that with my 3 roosters, but while there was one who seemed to be a little picked on at first, I've seen no aggression between them to speak of.  (Of course there are 22 girls for them, so plenty to go round...)
 
Interesting, though, that since I've had to get pretty rough with the one that was attacking us, and who has pretty much learned to back off when I face him with a stick in my hand, he seems to have lost some status.  He was definitely the alpha--but he seems to be less so since we, um, educated him.  Less posturing in the center of the combined flock, still crowing but more likely to do so on the outskirts.
 
Rhonda

Sidesaddle Hall of Famer
Five-time US National Sidesaddle Champion

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (15)
Recent Activity:
To post a message to the list go to
CHICKENS-101@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment