I am new at this site as well!
I enjoy reading all that is posted and hope to learn as well. I have had chickens for 3 years. Still learning. Started off with 25 and down to 6. I lost 2 girls this year to egg peritonitis? Well why me I ask? We conquered the too many rooster thing the first year. OMG when the two girls had fist size sores that went un noticed...We or should I say my daughter was amazing and healed them.
we get too attatched:( I am new at the duck thing and traveled 90 some miles one way in heavy traffic to purchase the khaki and anconas. Husband thought I was crazy, lol. I am learning too many drakes are as bad as too many roosters. so I ran across this site to find a home for possibly my one drake and it is so hard because we are attatched. This story can go on from here. Much to tell and so much to learn
--- In CHICKENS-101@yahoogroups.com, Charlene <akcamping@...> wrote:
>
> Hi Susan!
> I am also a reader! I am anxiously awaiting the time I get my own chicks to grown into chickens!!! I LOVE that you have a training background! I have a degree in Psychology but I am mostly the trainer of people in different settings. I think of myself in my current work setting as manipulator... I really think our work training dogs helps in dealing with difficult people. In college we had rats that we trained to do the maze for food. Most of them were fat and sassy as they were old rats that no one had the heart to cull and start over. They basically trained us college students. So my interest also is in EGGS and training chickens! I currently have a toy poodle that trains her people and hoping to practice on chickens! My favorite psychology is behavioral, abnormal and comparative.
>
> Charlene
| Reply via web post | Reply to sender | Reply to group | Start a New Topic | Messages in this topic (4) |
CHICKENS-101@yahoogroups.com
No comments:
Post a Comment